Saturday, September 1, 2012

PCOS Awareness Mani for Awareness Month!

Tadpoles,
   Today's post is a special one, I am showing my support for PCOS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.  PCOS is when there is a hormone imbalance in a woman that interferes with ovulation.  Unfortunately there is no cure for PCOS, and many times a patient can be misdiagnosed.  Below are only a few symptoms of PCOS...

A change or irregularity in your menstral cycle
Development of male-like characteristics
Changes in your skin
Depression
Increase in weight
Miscarriages
Infertility
Problems breathing while asleep

This month is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome awareness. Let's all show our support by sporting your teal manicures.  



I put this on both of my thumbs.

   I used Everybody Loves Redmond as the base polish. To show that I love to support woman that have this syndrome. I used Sinful Colors, 950, Savage as my teal stamping polish. I used Ebony hates Chris as the black stamping polish. I used several different stamping plates to create this manicure: BM 321, BM09, Mash 38 and Cheeky C. The accent pinkie is used China Glaze, 883, Mrs. Claus.
   If you do not know about PCOS. Check out the following sites to learn more:

2 comments:

  1. This is such an eye-catching colour combination, and the little teal bows on the thumb are just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this color combo! I too have PCOS and it sucks!! Loving that you guys all banded together to do this mani to show support for your friend and to get Awareness out :D

    ReplyDelete