Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes from Pinterest

Hello Tadpoles,
   I have another addiction!!!!  It is Pinterest. I found this recipe for Pineapple Upside down cupcakes and decided to make them. Rhondi at Big Mama's Homemade Kitchen made her recipe from scratch. I decided to go the easy route and used a pre-made Pineapple Upside Down cake mix. 
   I used the Betty Crocker cake mix.  I added some of the pineapple juice in the cake mix. I decided to use the crushed pineapple and the brown sugar from the cake mix. I used a 6 jumbo muffin tins. I used 2 making a total of 12 jumbo muffins. I placed the butter and brown sugar mix in the bottom of the tins. I placed crushed pineapple on top of the brown sugar along with a sliced pineapple and cherry in the center. The cake batter was added on top of the pineapple slice. The oven was heated to 350 degrees. The tins were placed in the oven for 25 minutes. Once the time elapsed the tins were removed and rested for 30 minutes. I used a knife to go around the cakes to make them easy to remove. A cooling rack was used to flip the cakes out of the tins. I enjoy eating them warm. This is what they looked like.




   I hope that you enjoy making these as much as I did. My father and husband love Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Let me know what you think.. Again, Thank you Rhondi.

Love Chrisie


No comments:

Post a Comment